The Glen Arbor Arts Center is accepting submissions of original paintings for its 2023 Manitou Music poster competition. The deadline for on-line submissions is September 15, 2022. This call-for-submissions is open to all current GAAC members and nonmembers. There is no application fee.
Each year, the GAAC selects an original painting for this limited edition poster. It is sold through the GAAC and at selected shops and art galleries in Leelanau County. To see the work of previous poster winners, go to glenarborart.org/shopping.
Who May Enter
New: The 2023 Manitou Music Poster Competition is open to GAAC members and nonmembers. Previous winners are eligible to submit again after three  years.
Subject matter should relate to the Glen Lake area. Sites must be identified, preferably in title. Public appeal is important.
Submission of Artwork
Submissions will be accepted through the Glen Arbor Arts Center website only. The submission from can be found below.
- All artwork must be original and previously unpublished.
- Two-dimensional work in any medium is accepted. This includes, but is not limited to: oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, colored pencil, and collage. Photography and computer generated work are not
- Artists may submit up to two entries. There is no entry fee.
- The art work may have either a vertical or a horizontal orientation — approximately two units by three units. Most people will use an 18″ x 24″ frame for their poster.
- Unframed maximum size cannot exceed 48 inches in any direction. Approximate minimum size is 12” × 18”. Please do not enter long, narrow paintings. They do not work well for this poster. Indicate dimensions of artwork in inches on the submission form. Image may be subject to slight cropping if deemed necessary to fit the poster format.
- Upload high-quality photographic images sized between 1 MB – 2 MB. Image file types are limited to jpg, gif, and png. Decisions will be made from your reproduction.
- The submission deadline for the 2023 Manitou Music Poster Competition is Thursday, September 15, 2022 at midnight.
Selecting the Winner
Submissions will be juried by the Manitou Music Poster Committee. The Committee will begin reporting results of the competition by email by the second week of October.
PLEASE NOTE: Finalists will be asked to deliver or send the original piece to the GAAC. If asked to submit original work for the second round of jurying, the applicant is requested to provide a self-addressed, pre-paid mailing label and suitable packaging for return delivery if the artwork is not retrieved in person.