If state-mandated COVID-19 closures continue into July and prevent us from installing the exhibition in the GAAC gallery, the Members Create exhibition will be converted entirely to a virtual exhibition.
Show Dates: July 24 – August 27
Online Registration: Through June 10, 2020 | Midnight
An annual tradition returns! The GAAC Members Create exhibition is a showcase of members’ talent. The exhibition is open to current GAAC members. To participate in this special member-only event:
Online Registration Begins
Registration is taken on a first-come/first-served basis. We will exhibit the work of up to 60 GAAC members. You may only register ON-LINE via the GAAC website.
Online Registration Ends
On-line registration closes when all the exhibition spaces have been filled; or until Wednesday, June 10, midnight.
- You may submit one piece of art, 2D or 3D.
- 2D work [e.g. painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, collage, fiber, mixed media] should not exceed 28” in width, or 65” in height.
- Work must be gallery-ready to hang.
- Use gallery wire. Entries with saw tooth hanging hardware will not be accepted.
- No wet paintings will be accepted.
- 2D work is not required to be framed. If left unframed, the work’s edges must be tidy and finished.
- 3D work must be freestanding and easily moved by one person. Weight should not exceed 35 pounds.
- Please place an identifying tag on your entry with your name, telephone number, and the work’s title.
Photographic Images [Required]
The GAAC is adding a VIRTUAL GALLERY to this exhibition. If state-mandated COVID-19 closures continue into July and prevent us from installing the exhibition in the GAAC gallery, the Members Create exhibition will be converted entirely to a virtual exhibition.
- Applicants are required to submit one  digital image of the work they will exhibit in the Members Create exhibition.
- Size: This digital image will be attached to the Members Create application. File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side. File Size: maximum 5 MB.
- In the event of a virtual exhibition, viewers will only be able to see your work on-line. Please provide the best digital image you can produce: clear, focused, well-lit and well-composed. Here’s a link to a list of resources to help you size and prepare your image for attaching to the application: https://glenarborart.org/photo-editing-resources
These dates subject to change during state-mandated COVID-19 operating restrictions.
- Artwork drop-off dates: Friday, July 17, 9 am – 2 pm; Saturday, July 18, 9 am – 2 pm
- Artwork pick-up dates: Friday, August 28, 9 am — 3 pm; Saturday, August 29, 9 am – 2 pm
- Reception: Friday, July 24, 6 – 8 pm
The registration fee is $25. Artwork may be for sale. Artists set the price. The GAAC will retain 40% of sales; artist will receive 60%.
The Gallery Committee will hang the show.
Now, let’s get started! Register on-line for the Members Create exhibition here >>.