Youth Pottery Wheel
Date: Monday, Wednesday, Friday; July 3, 5, 7
Time: 1 – 4 pm
Registration Deadline: June 31
Join visiting artist Ana Spencer for this hands-on exploration of the pottery wheel – just for kids 10-15 years! The week will include all the tools and clay you need. No previous experience is required. All pieces will be glazed and food safe. Class price covers clay, glazes, and firings.
Raised on the banks of the Great Lakes State, Ana Spencer is a teaching artist, now based in Chicago. She does functional work to make everyday activities feel special or even ceremonial. Ana draws inspiration from her love of Northern Michigan and the friendships she made by exploring its beauty. Her highly decorative work is intended to make you smile and feel joy. She achieves this by incorporating bright colors and highly decorative surfaces. With her fifteen years of teaching experience, Ana believes art education is essential to a person’s development and has made it her passion to share her art and skills with youth and adults.
Please read the GAAC cancellation and refund policy here: http://www.glenarborart.org/terms-and-conditions/
COVID-RELATED UPDATES TO 2023 PROGRAMS AS OF 12/20/2022
To ensure the safety of our students and Staff, we have implemented new procedures for our 2022 programs to mitigate the spread of COVID and still allow participants to have a wonderful time creating art.
- Class sizes will be limited to 12 persons for indoor programs and 16 outdoor programs
- All students who have symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal infections, such as cough, fever, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, should stay home and not attend class.
- Students and Staff will wash and sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
- Staff will sanitize common areas and touch surfaces regularly.
- We have optimized our indoor ventilation system to reduce the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air.
- If Leelanau County COVID-related cases are designated high risk, students and visitors must wear a face mask to prevent transmission.
To keep pace with the evolving conditions related to the pandemic, Staff will inform the GAAC’s new policies or procedures before the start of the course.