Grief: A Loss for Words
Date: 2 Wednesdays; May 17, 24
Time: 4 – 6 pm
Registration Deadline: May 14
Let us address the emotional journey of grief through poetry, fiction, and non-fiction select readings. A grief counselor will also provide some professional insights. Then, we will write our own experiences with grief–to be shared or not. The workshop aims to tap into our expressions of grief, both unique and universal. For many, writing is the way through one of life’s most challenging journeys. So come share and understand yours.
Vicki L. Stewart has been a writer and a nature lover forever and has been a literature and writing instructor for 21 years.
Notebook and writing utensils
Please read the GAAC cancellation and refund policy here: http://www.glenarborart.org/terms-and-conditions/
COVID-RELATED UPDATES TO 2023 PROGRAMS AS OF 12/20/2022
To ensure the safety of our students and Staff, we have implemented new procedures for our 2022 programs to mitigate the spread of COVID and still allow participants to have a wonderful time creating art.
- Class sizes will be limited to 12 persons for indoor programs and 16 outdoor programs
- All students who have symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal infections, such as cough, fever, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, should stay home and not attend class.
- Students and Staff will wash and sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
- Staff will sanitize common areas and touch surfaces regularly.
- We have optimized our indoor ventilation system to reduce the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air.
- If Leelanau County COVID-related cases are designated high risk, students and visitors must wear a face mask to prevent transmission.
To keep pace with the evolving conditions related to the pandemic, Staff will inform the GAAC’s new policies or procedures before the start of the course.