Art of Nature Journaling
Date: Saturday, June 24
Time: 10 am – 2 pm (with a lunch break)
Registration Deadline: June 21
Nature Journaling is collecting and organizing your observations, questions, connections, and explanations on the pages of a notebook using words, pictures, and numbers. You do not need to be an artist or a naturalist to begin! We’ll explore how to keep a nature journal and record observations in one. Participants will receive an accordion-style journal to record their findings. Nature Journaling is creative and playful, easy to begin and learn, and will grow and mature over a lifetime.
Judy Kelly is an artist and a naturalist. She has been drawing since high school. As a former biology teacher, she encouraged her students to engage personally with their natural surroundings.
All supplies are provided, but participants are welcome to bring their pencils, etc.
Please read the GAAC cancellation and refund policy here: http://www.glenarborart.org/terms-and-conditions/
COVID-RELATED UPDATES TO 2023 PROGRAMS AS OF 12/20/2022
To ensure the safety of our students and Staff, we have implemented new procedures for our 2022 programs to mitigate the spread of COVID and still allow participants to have a wonderful time creating art.
- Class sizes will be limited to 12 persons for indoor programs and 16 outdoor programs
- All students who have symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal infections, such as cough, fever, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, should stay home and not attend class.
- Students and Staff will wash and sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
- Staff will sanitize common areas and touch surfaces regularly.
- We have optimized our indoor ventilation system to reduce the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air.
- If Leelanau County COVID-related cases are designated high risk, students and visitors must wear a face mask to prevent transmission.
To keep pace with the evolving conditions related to the pandemic, Staff will inform the GAAC’s new policies or procedures before the start of the course.