After School Arts: Winter Session
Dates: February 3, 10, 17, 24 and March 3
Time: 4:00pm – 5:30 pm
Registration deadline: January 31
Through thoughtful instruction and engaging, process-oriented projects, the GAAC hopes to inspire and support all children in building their own creative confidence.
Our five-week sessions offer students an engaging visual arts experience that focuses on technique, exposure to different media and most importantly FUN!
- Offered to students in Grades K-4.
- Snack and all art supplies are included.
- Multi-Child Discount: $10 (will be calculated in cart when registering on website).
- Scholarships are available. Please call the GAAC office for more information: 231-334-6112.
- A health form is required per child. Click or tap the health form tab below.
- A bus form is required if child will be riding the bus from Glen Lake Elementary.
Autumn Kirby loves working with students of all ages and abilities. She graduated from Minneapolis College of Art and Design in 2003 with a Master of Fine Arts with an emphasis in Multimedia Painting. She also received her Bachelor of Fine Art with a painting emphasis from Western Michigan University in 1999. She is presently enjoying acrylic painting, charcoal drawing, and playing violin. Autumn lives in Interlochen with her husband, four boys, and two mastiffs.
COVID-RELATED UPDATES TO 2022 PROGRAMS AS OF January 1, 2022
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we have implemented new procedures for our 2022 programs, to mitigate the spread of COVID and still allow participants to have a wonderful time creating art.
- Class sizes will be limited to 12 persons or less for outdoor programs and 8 or less for indoor programs.
- All students must wear face coverings inside the center when social distancing isn’t possible.
- Students and staff will wash and sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
- Common areas and touched surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
To keep pace with the evolving conditions related to the pandemic, any new policies or procedures for classes will be communicated before the start of the class.