Acrylic Sessions Class
Dates and Time: May 4, 11, 18, 25 @ 10am-1pm
Registration Deadline: May 3 @ 12pm
Format: In-person at GAAC (outdoor heated shelter with access to bathrooms)
Take your painting to the next level! The best way to improve is by practice. Learn, refresh, or refine the basics of using acrylic paint in this multi-session class. This class will meet once a week for four weeks, providing students with the opportunity for a more focused study. Students will learn about materials, various painting techniques, and working methods, both during class and through optional homework assignments.
This class is suitable for beginners-intermediate painters.
Margo Burian is an award-winning artist who maintains studios in Grand Rapids and Northern Michigan. She holds a BFA from Kendall College of Arts and Design. After a successful career as a commercial illustrator, the transition to fine art was a natural evolution. She is best known for her iconic Northern Michigan landscape paintings in oil and acrylic. Heartfelt enthusiasm and creativity are the hallmarks of Margo’s teaching style. She approaches her classes with openness and encourages students to embrace their innate creativity.
Available from dickblick.com (please plan accordingly)
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylic Paints: Large Tube Titanium White, Carbon Black, Cadmium Yellow, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Red, Alizarin Crimson, Magnesium Blue, Ultramarine Blue
- Dick Blick white Palette Paper 16×20
- Blick Essentials White Nylon Value Brush Sets – set of 12 flats
- water container
- paper towel
- blue painters’ tape
- 16×20 masonite drawing board
- Paper to paint on will be available for purchase through the instructor.
Minimum Enrollment: Glen Arbor Arts Center reserves the right to cancel any class or multi-day, sequential-day workshop that does not meet its minimum student enrollment prior to the first class session. If a class is cancelled by GAAC for lack of enrollment, GAAC will offer a full refund to the student in the manner in which tuition was paid (Cash payments will be refunded by check). Please be aware that GAAC is not responsible for losses incurred due to housing, travel or other arrangements.
Requests for cancellation by the student at least fourteen (14) days prior to the first day of the workshop will be honored (minus a $20 processing fee). NO REFUNDS will be given for a student cancellation made less than fourteen (14) days prior to the first day of the workshop.
COVID-RELATED UPDATES TO 2021 PROGRAMS AS OF MARCH 1, 2021
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we have implemented new procedures for our 2021 programs, to mitigate the spread of COVID and still allow participants to have a wonderful time creating art.
- Class sizes will be limited to 10 persons or less for outdoor programs and six or less for indoor programs.
- All students and staff must wear face coverings inside the center and outside when social distancing isn’t possible.
- Students and staff will wash and sanitize hands frequently throughout the day.
- Common areas and touched surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
To keep pace with the evolving conditions related to the pandemic, any new policies or procedures for classes will be communicated by June 15, 2021.