Show Dates: April 2 – May 20, 2021
Prospectus on-line: Through March 2, 2021 | Midnight
An annual tradition returns! The GAAC Members Create exhibition is a showcase of members’ talent. The exhibition will be installed in the GAAC gallery; and it will also be viewable on the GAAC website. Members Create is open to current GAAC members.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION BEGINS
On-line registration is now open. Registration is taken on a first-come/first-served basis. We will exhibit the work of up to 60 GAAC members. You may only register ON-LINE via the GAAC website.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION ENDS
On-line registration closes when all the exhibition spaces have been filled; or until Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at midnight.
- You may submit one piece of art, 2D or 3D.
- An entry may be comprised of multiple units [e.g. a diptych]; but may not exceed the maximum dimensions or weighs described below. If offered for sale, a single entry comprised of multiple units must be sold for one price. The individual units may not be sold separately.
- Applicants must attach a high-quality digital image of their entry on the on-line application. See the on-line application for file size instructions.
- 2D work [e.g. painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, collage, fiber, mixed media] should not exceed 28” in width, or 65” in height.
- Work intended to be exhibited on the gallery walls must be gallery-ready to hang when it is delivered.
- For hanging: Use gallery wire. Entries with saw tooth hanging hardware will not be accepted.
- No wet paintings, or warped canvases will be accepted.
- 2D work is not required to be framed [e.g. work executed on gallery-wrapped canvases or mounted on cradled wood panels]; but this work is required to be gallery-ready to hang [see above hanging requirements]. If left unframed, the work’s edges must be tidy and finished.
- 3D work must be freestanding and easily moved by one person. Weight should not exceed 35 pounds. 3D work intended to hang on the gallery walls should not exceed 10 pounds.
- Please place an identifying tag on your entry with your name, telephone number, email address, and the work’s title.
Artwork drop-off dates [delivered by hand]: Friday, March 26, 9 am – 2 pm; Saturday, March 27, 9 am – 2 pm
Shipped artwork arrival deadline: Shipped work must arrive at the GAAC between Monday, March 22 and Thursday, March 25. Shipped work must be accompanied by a pre-paid return mailing label.
Artwork pick-up dates: Friday, May 21, 9 am — 2 pm; Saturday, May 22, 9 am – 2 pm
TBD. The GAAC adheres to state-mandated COVID-19 operations guidelines. The decision to hold an opening reception in the GAAC gallery for this exhibition will depend upon guidelines that are current in April.
The registration fee is $25. Artwork may be for sale. Artists set the price. The GAAC will retain 40% of sales; artist will receive 60%.
Now, let’s get started!
Step #1: Register on-line for “Members Create” exhibition HERE.
Step #2: Print out and complete the “Members Create” ID Form. Bring a copy with you when you deliver your artwork.