The GAAC’s Small Works Holiday Exhibition is a showcase of 2D + 3D work that offers small, original art at affordable prices, $150 or less. The 2021 Small Works Holiday Exhibition will be installed in the GAAC gallery, and there will also be an online version. Artwork will be available for purchase both online and at the GAAC.
- Register online.
- You may submit up to 8 pieces of 2D or 3D work. Size: The maximum measurements for all work are 12” wide by 12” long/high. Work may be smaller. If framed, maximum measurements include the frame.
- We will accept up to 125 individual pieces of art. On-line registration will remain open until Friday, October 1 at midnight; or when we have reached the 125 piece maximum.
- The registration fee is $25 GAAC members, $35 nonmembers. To confirm that you are a current member, contact GAAC.
- Artwork must be for sale. Artists set the price. Maximum price: $150. The GAAC will retain 40% of sales; artist will receive 60%. The GAAC will collect Michigan sales taxes.
- Accepted Media: painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, collage, fiber, mixed media, ceramic, wood, metal, stone.
- Display: Work intended to be displayed on the wall must be gallery-ready to hang. Please use gallery wire. Entries with saw tooth hanging hardware or other, non-wired hanging hardware will not be accepted. Your work may be framed or unframed; but unframed work must appear finished [e.g. no messy edges].
- 3-D work intended to be displayed on a flat surface must be freestanding. Please do not exceed a maximum weight of 25 pounds.
- Please place an identifying tag on your entry with your name, telephone number, and the work’s title and retail price.
- Artwork drop-off dates: Friday, October 29; Saturday, October 30. 9 am – 2 pm both days. PLEASE BRING AN INVENTORY OF THE WORK YOU WILL BE DROPPING OFF.
- Artwork pick-up dates: Friday, December 17; Saturday, December 18. 10 am – 2 pm both days.
Shipped work should arrive at the GAAC between October 25 – 27, 2021.
If you ship your work and cannot retrieve it in person at the end of the exhibition: Exhibited work that is not sold will be returned to the artist at the end of the exhibition using the exhibitor-provided shipping box and a pre-paid return shipping label. Pre-paid shipping labels must be provided to the GAAC when your Small Works artwork is delivered.
The GAAC’s street address is: 6031 S. Lake Street, Glen Arbor, Michigan 49636
The GAAC’s mailing address is: POB 305, Glen Arbor, Michigan 49636
You will be asked to provide a photographic image of each work you will exhibit in the Small Works show:
- These images will be attached to your on-line registration form. They are required at the time of registration.
- Please provide well-composed, focused images of your work. This is the work people will view online. Present your work as well as you possibly can.
- Do not photograph 2D work behind glass. If framed, please do not include the 2D artwork’s frame in your exhibition image.
The 2021 Small Works exhibition will be installed both in the GAAC gallery and as part of an on-line gallery on the GAAC website.
- Exhibition: November 5 – December 16, 2021
- Prospectus on-line: Until Friday, October 1 at midnight.
- Drop-off: Friday, October 29, 9 am – 2 pm; Saturday, October 30. 9 am – 2 pm both days.
- Shipping drop-off: October 25 – 27, 2021
- Pick-up: Friday, December 17; Saturday, December 18; 10 am – 2pm both days.